Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Organizing your findings

My Personal Journal: January 5, 2001

Beginning a new year I decided I needed to get organized. I went out and bought a file folder caring case, file folders, ink for my printer and a few packs of white printing paper. This helped me because I am a visual learner and having the information I had collected in front of me helped with focusing and targeting the questions I wanted answered next.

I organized the information I had in family groups. I was researching both sides of my tree which became very confusing at times because a few surnames were the same on both sides but had different spelling variations and many given names were the same with first, second, and third generations being of Scottish descent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Your comments, ideas, stories and questions are always welcome (even encouraged. Enjoy learning along with others and visit often.

Regards,
Northern Girl